[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Allowed traffic being blocked
 Date:  Tue, 20 Dec 2005 10:45:56 -0500
On 12/20/05, Paul Taylor <PaulTaylor at winn dash dixie dot com> wrote:

> If I'm reading this right, it looks like you have a different network for
> your wireless?

that's what it looks like.  and the Linksys probably isn't set up to
route properly, and m0n0wall is likely missing the required static
route, so the antispoofing rule is getting hit.

> You should turn off DHCP on your Linksys and attach it to the Monowall via
> one of the 4 device ports and not the WAN port.  This results in a bridged
> connection from the wireless to the wired segment.  Enable DHCP on your
> Monowall and let your laptop get DHCP from there.
>
> If you want your wireless on a different segment than your LAN, I'd suggest
> using a different physical port on your Monowall for your wireless
> connection.

yeah, there's no benefit to using another subnet for wireless hosts in
this scenario, and only complicates things.

-Chris