[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  PlanAlpha <plan dot alpha at gmail dot com>
 To:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Allowed traffic being blocked
 Date:  Tue, 20 Dec 2005 08:27:27 -0800
On 12/20/05, Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com> wrote:
> On 12/20/05, Paul Taylor <PaulTaylor at winn dash dixie dot com> wrote:
> >
> > If I'm reading this right, it looks like you have a different network for
> > your wireless?
> >

> that's what it looks like.  and the Linksys probably isn't set up to
> route properly, and m0n0wall is likely missing the required static
> route, so the antispoofing rule is getting hit.
>

> > You should turn off DHCP on your Linksys and attach it to the Monowall via
> > one of the 4 device ports and not the WAN port.  This results in a bridged
> > connection from the wireless to the wired segment.  Enable DHCP on your
> > Monowall and let your laptop get DHCP from there.
> >
> > If you want your wireless on a different segment than your LAN, I'd suggest
> > using a different physical port on your Monowall for your wireless
> > connection.
> >

> yeah, there's no benefit to using another subnet for wireless hosts in
> this scenario, and only complicates things.
>
> -Chris

Just FYI, the linksys is on it's own network that is just for the
wireless. I already tried turning off the antispoofing and the static
route (10.200.0.0/24 10.3.0.2). I also checked the box that says not
to firewall networks on the same interface. Since the wrt54g is a
router I don't think I can just have it pass the m0n0wall's dhcp over
to the wireless side by plugging the m0n0wall's wireless interface
into the lan side of the linksys as suggested. Correct?
Thanks again!