[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Paul Dugas <paul at dugas dot cc>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] monohotspot config
 Date:  Tue, 20 Dec 2005 13:02:05 -0500
On Tue, 2005-12-20 at 00:30 -0600, Lee Sharp wrote:
> Also, since you said "linksys router" make sure you set a lan ip on the
> linksys in your m0n0wall opt1 subnet, and turn off DHCP on the linksys.  You
> do not want them to fight!  Just leave the linksys wan port empty.

One little nit...  I have a Linksys router that I'm using only as an AP
as described earlier in this thread.  Since the WAN interface is not
connected to anything, I am constantly getting entries in the firewall
logs for all the IGMP noise.  Never figured out how to disable IGMP on
the Linksys and m0n0 appears to have some fundamental rules that apply
before those we can enter as users.  Everything works but my firewall
logs are essentially useless.

Paul
--
Paul Dugas, Computer Engineer          Dugas Enterprises, LLC
paul at dugas dot cc     phone: 404-932-1355  522 Black Canyon Park