[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Honver Lam <hl337 at cornell dot edu>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  complete traffic shaping for azureus/BT
 Date:  Wed, 21 Dec 2005 00:33:39 -0500
In my home network, there is a traffic shaper rule that deprioritizes
6881-6999 source traffic, and a separate rule that deprioritizes
6881-6999 destination traffic. All is well for incoming connections,
because the incoming Azureus ports in the network are within that port
range. However, I think that there is trouble with outgoing connections
going to non-standard ports. When I use TCPView, I see that there are
random local ports ranging from 1000-5000 that connect to remote ports
that may or may not be in the 6881-6999 range. If the local port is
1234, and the remote port is 27899, I don't think that upload traffic is
being shaped by my rules. Instead, it is probably getting caught by the
catch-all rule. Is there any rule or software tweak that I can add to
catch all Bittorrent traffic? Thank you!

Happy Holidays,
Honver