[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jonathan De Graeve" <Jonathan dot De dot Graeve at imelda dot be>
 To:  "Alain Fauconnet" <alain at ait dot ac dot th>, =?iso-8859-1?Q?J=E9r=E9my_Cluzel?= <j dot cluzel at online dot fr>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] captive portal question
 Date:  Wed, 21 Dec 2005 08:55:32 +0100
> I'm not going to reply in place of M0n0wall's developers, but after
> spending some time evaluating all these captive portals for our own
> needs (including NoCat too) I must say that they're either far from
> having the stability and the the polished user interface M0n0wall has
> (NoCat) or are kind of heavyweight applications, not fitting
> quite well with the M0n0wall model (Wifidog, Chillispot...).
> Furthermore aren't almost all of them more or less dependant on Linux
> Netfilter?

There's a freebsd port for nocat but Chillispot isn't available for FreeBSD and depends on netfilter
(linux)

The problem with nocat is that it relies on perl (+modules) and gets very big if you sum up all the
needed elements...

And currently the captive portal on m0n0wall is actively developped to solve the problems that we
currently face and to get better performance...

J.