[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] monohotspot config
 Date:  Mon, 19 Dec 2005 23:51:39 -0500
On 12/19/05, sunnyroot at gmail dot com <sunnyroot at gmail dot com> wrote:
> hello everyone.. i am farly new to mono ,
>
> this is what i would like to do...(Location Hotel, setup up wirless access
> to clients on opt1 via linksys ap but deny all opt1 -----> lan )in other
> worlds everyone has internet access but the lan is secure from visitors on
> opt1

put in a firewall rule on OPT1 allowing protocol any, source any,
destination not LAN subnet (check the "not" box, select LAN subnet).

> how should i set up opt 1 ?  bridged ?  im a little confused on what ip
> settings should be on my Ap in order to work with mono

The AP should just bridge over to m0n0wall's OPT port.  That means
plugging one of the LAN ports into the Linksys (if it's a router/AP,
like a WRT54G), and no other configuration is required (other than
setting the SSID, and anything else you might want to configure on the
wireless

Then assign an IP address to OPT1, like 192.168.2.1/24, and enable
DHCP within that range on the OPT1 interface (like
192.168.2.10-192.168.2.199 or something).

Get all that working, then you'll probably want to enable captive
portal, if for nothing other than a click through splash screen that
can redirect them to your web site, or something like that.

-Chris