[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Forest Bond <forest dot bond at logicsupply dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Version 1.2 passive FTP NAT
 Date:  Wed, 21 Dec 2005 08:58:45 -0500
> >After upgrading to version 1.2, FTP clients behind the firewall are
> >unable to upload files using passive mode.
>
> I have no problem with passive ftp upload for remote servers nor for my
> server in DMZ and I do not use ProxyARP.

Strange...I've downgraded back to 1.11 and it works fine.  I'm not doing
anything all that complicated as far as packet filtering and NAT go.  I
have to conclude that there is some interaction between how the FTP
server handles passive connections, and how m0n0wall expects them to be
handled.

If anyone has any insight, I'd love to hear it.

-Forest