[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Kenny Leung" <kenl at cyberdude dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  occassional stalling
 Date:  Wed, 21 Dec 2005 17:11:29 -0500
hello,

im using m0n0wall for the first time and i have to say it is the
best router software i have used so far.
my m0n0wall have been in use for a few months and for the most
part, everything is working well other than occassional stalling.
the console is frozen and the internet cannot be accessed.

my setup is fairly simple, dsl modem connected to m0n0wall on one
connection and connected to a switch on the other.

the uptime varies from a few days to a few weeks.  i disabled
everything not in use in the bios and tried changing the pci slots
being used by the nics, but it didnt help.
i was wondering is there anything else i can try to figure out what
is causing the stalling.
im using an agp ati xpert 98 video card, 3com 905c nic and an
ibm/intel server nic
m0n0wall is booted off a 500mb hard drive with a 266mhz pii w/ 128mb of ram

any ideas on what might be causing the stalling?  i have tried searching the mailing list for help
but i couldnt find anything that seems to be of help.

thanks