[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Nice little box
 Date:  Wed, 21 Dec 2005 22:14:49 -0500
On 12/21/05, Robert <valnar at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> Are those the Realtek NIC's that everybody hates??

yup.  Though I must say I haven't had an issue in them in the one
similar embedded device that I have.
http://shopping.hacom.net/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=39&products_id=74

Knowing the issues and poor performance Realteks typically provide, I
wouldn't have bought a box with that chipset (it was donated by Hacom
for testing purposes, you can get the same box with Intel cards for an
extra $100).  But the above is actually an excellent performer, it'll
do 100 Mb wire speed.

-Chris