[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Spectra" <mOnO at SpectraTechnology dot Net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  axentra email server problems
 Date:  Thu, 22 Dec 2005 00:11:55 -0500 (EST)
"It is not possible to access NATed services using the WAN IP address from
within LAN (or an optional network)."

This has become a huge headache for us.

We have two email servers on our dmz.  both are running axentra software,
version 2.4.  Both servers can send and receive emails from any email
server on the internet with the exception of each other, because the two
servers are on the same network.  currently we have the dns forwarder
enabled (using the internal ip addresses of the servers), so both servers
should be able to 'see' each other via the internal ip.

however, emails cannot be sent or received between the two servers.

interestingly enough, the axentra software has an override that allows for
the use of an external smtp server.  setting this to some smtp server
outside our network allows for the sending and receiving of emails.

does this sound like a dns or smtp issue?

has anyone else had a similar problem?

what have you done to overcome this?

i hope i'm being clear enough; let me know if this is confusing.

--
m0n0 wanna be