[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  sai <sonicsai at gmail dot com>
 To:  mOnO at spectratechnology dot net
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] axentra email server problems
 Date:  Thu, 22 Dec 2005 11:28:08 +0500
On 12/22/05, Spectra <mOnO at spectratechnology dot net> wrote:

> "It is not possible to access NATed services using the WAN IP address from
> within LAN (or an optional network)."
>
> This has become a huge headache for us.
>
> We have two email servers on our dmz.  both are running axentra software,
> version 2.4.  Both servers can send and receive emails from any email
> server on the internet with the exception of each other, because the two
> servers are on the same network.  currently we have the dns forwarder
> enabled (using the internal ip addresses of the servers), so both servers
> should be able to 'see' each other via the internal ip.
>
> however, emails cannot be sent or received between the two servers.
>
> interestingly enough, the axentra software has an override that allows for
> the use of an external smtp server.  setting this to some smtp server
> outside our network allows for the sending and receiving of emails.
>
> does this sound like a dns or smtp issue?
>
> has anyone else had a similar problem?
>
> what have you done to overcome this?
>
> i hope i'm being clear enough; let me know if this is confusing.
>
> --
> m0n0 wanna be

been setting up postfix email servers so I know how complex these
things can be...
If you have separate real ip addresses for the 2 servers then sounds
like you have not set the dns entry for the 2 emails servers correctly
in the m0n0 box.
"dig mx mailserver1.yourdomain.com ;  dig mx
mailserver2.yourdomain.com" from the dmz and then from outside your
network and you should get the information you need to debug this.
of course it could be an smtp/mta issue :-)
sai