[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Kevin Horton <Kevin dot Horton at HetBrancheBureau dot nl>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Backup through Monowall stops after an hour..........
 Date:  Tue, 20 Dec 2005 12:01:12 +0100
Hallo People,

I'm new here, I have got a problem with Monowall 1.2.
I would like to Backup a server (remote agent installed) on the Lan side
but my backup server is on the Wan side.
1 on 1 Nat (with Proxy Arp) is configured and in the Firewall setup I have
configured that the WAN Ip is allowed Everything (*) to the internal
Server.

My connectivety works and I can connect my Veritas Server to the internal
Server and setup a JOB and that works fine.
But after about an hour it quits with an Network/Hardware
error...........weird, I'm sure that some ports are still being blocked but
I've openend all the ports to the internal server.
Is there anythings else I've forgotten..........?

I've tried the backup through a different Interface (not through the
monowall) and that works fine.

            Veritas Server (192.168.0.20)

            ESX
      192.168.0.229  (PROXY ARP 192.168.0.230-241)
            WAN

            MONOWALL

            LAN
      10.202.202.2

            |           NAT 1 on 1 (192.168.0.132 ---- 10.202.202.132)

      SERVER (10.202.202.132)

Hope you can help me so I can make backups of are VMware Images data.
Greetz Kevin

De informatie in dit bericht, inclusief eventuele bijlage(s), is
vertrouwelijk en uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Verstrekking
aan en gebruik door anderen is zonder toestemming niet toegestaan. Er
kunnen geen rechten worden ontleend aan de informatie in dit bericht. Er
kan niet gegarandeerd worden dat dit e-mail bericht vrij is van virussen of
dat het e-mailbericht wordt overgebracht zonder inbreuk of tussenkomst van
onbevoegden.

entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. This message
shall not constitute any obligations. It cannot be guaranteed that the
integrity of this communication has been maintained nor that the
communication is free of viruses, interceptions or interference.