[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Eric Gregory <eric at gatewayconnections dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Counter strike trouble.
 Date:  Thu, 22 Dec 2005 09:45:57 -0600
I am trying to run counter strike (Client, not server) on a PC on my
lan, I have firewall rules setup to allow from Lan to any.  When I try
to use the Steam client to find servers I get a message that the master
server could not be reached.  When checking the firewall logs I see UDP
packets from various hosts on the internet destined for the host running
the steam software and Counter Strike being blocked.  If I uncheck the
show packets blocked by the default block rule in the lot settings the
packets no longer show.  I assume based on this that the default rule is
blocking these packets.  I have tried creating rules to allow all UDP (I
would never leave it that way but wanted to see if it would work) as
well as allowing ANY traffic to the host in question and nothing seems
to work.  Anyone know what rules I need to add to fix this problem?
Running Mono 1.2 on this system.

Thanks
Eric