[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Tim Vaughan <talltim at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Making DNS available from a network connected over IPSec
 Date:  Thu, 22 Dec 2005 16:12:23 +0000
Hi,

I've have two networks connected by an IPSec VPN - m0n0wall on both
sides.  Both of them run DNS forwarders for their networks (domains
.thm and .flat respectively).  I've told the m0n0wall for .flat (my
home network) to forward DNS requests for .thm to the m0n0wall for
that network.  However, it isn't working - DNS requests for .thm from
.flat just time out.

Is what I'm trying to do possible?  I could just duplicate the DNS
entries on both m0n0walls but I'd rather not bother if it's
unnecessary.

Tim