[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  David Cook <david dot cook at jetpress dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: Fwd: m0n0 as Access Point?
 Date:  Fri, 23 Dec 2005 09:08:18 +0000
Chris Buechler wrote:

> Under almost all circumstances, I'd disagree with that.  Almost every
> wireless card I've tried that's less than a couple years old will not
> associate with FreeBSD 4.x's hostap (and hence m0n0wall).
>
> Also see http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook/faq-ap.html

Thanks for that Chris.

We have a Prism 2.5 card on backorder, so we will give that a go on one
of the Soekris net4501s we have in stock for educational purposes.

However it looks like we might be back to our original plan of
ruggedising the guts of a commercial access point. Our current favourite
is the Netgear WG302 as it supports 802.3af POE. Unfortunately the
mainboard is quite large.

Anybody know of good sources of exterior cases that provide protection
IP-67 standards? The minibox is going to be too small.