[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  David Cook <david dot cook at jetpress dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: Fwd: m0n0 as Access Point?
 Date:  Fri, 23 Dec 2005 11:50:19 +0000
Jim Thompson wrote:

> I've got over 6 years of experience with linux (and freebsd) on
> 802.11.  I started with my own designs (mpc860T / 855T, then
> mpc8245/8241, then xscale and various MIPS parts).   I've played the
> game with other people's wlan boards, and my advice is "don't".

Ahh I see, I think we may have our wires crossed here. Removing the
mainboard from a Netgear WG302 is only to get it into a weather-proof
housing. We have no intention to attempt to rewrite the firmware! :-)

Our requirement is a weather-proof AP. The idea of using m0n0wall + WRAP
+ minibox housing seemed to be a convenient way of getting an 802.11b
weather proof AP as all the components are already available.

> I'm sure I mailed you privately about this.

No email as yet.

Thanks for your feedback so far.