[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  w dot plein at gmail dot com
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Unique problem: VPN and standard routing to the same endpoints
 Date:  Fri, 23 Dec 2005 23:31:48 -0800
I have a somewhat unique situation.

I have a few servers at a colocation, behind a Netscreen firewall (in
transparent mode). Today I attempted, and after a few struggles, got my
home m0n0wall to open a VPN with the Netscreen.

On top of this, a server behind my m0n0wall (which is running many-to-one
NAT) recieves mail from my server at my colocation.

The problem is that while I can open up a direct connect to the colocation
(which uses all public IP addressing), my colocation servers cannot open up
a connection to any NATted device at home. Their route is across the
standard Interet IP space, and gets blocked at the firewall (routing issue,
for certain).

Is there a way to configure m0n0wall to work around this? Or would I need
to do funky things like make a lower priority MX listing to my private
(NAT) IP range? This would be inadvisable, but might fix SMTP. But what of
other protocols?

--
w dot plein at gmail dot com