[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] IP-aliasing
 Date:  Sat, 24 Dec 2005 08:49:22 -0600
Stefan Fuhrmann wrote:
> hmmmm.....
>
> does someone know if there is anything planed (IP-aliasing / RIP2)
> for the future?
> I want to stay by this great monowall project but I have to look to my
> dependencies.
> So it were nice to know if monowall is going in such way.

There is a mechanism for adding multiple IPs to the WAN interface -
Server NAT. This allows you to add additional IPs - they need to be in
the same subnet as the IP assigned to the WAN interface. These
additional IPs could then be used for Inbound NAT rules. Proxy ARP may
be necessary depending on your config.

I think the above scenario is what many people call IP-aliasing. There
is "true" aliasing, but m0n0wall does not directly support it in the
WebGUI. Search the list archive, I think there is a way to do this by
editing the config.xml directly. (Backup, edit, restore, reboot...)

Hope this helps.

James W. McKeand