[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Tuc at T-B-O-H <ml at t dash b dash o dash h dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Odd need, atleast I think
 Date:  Mon, 26 Dec 2005 10:18:21 -0500 (EST)
Hi,

	I'm looking to implement m0n0wall, but I have what I consider a
pretty weird setup.

	I've got a beach house that I have Direcway at. IMHO its a
really messed up service provider, but I have no choice since I
can't do DSL and there isn't cable to the area (Its 8.8 miles from
the nearest paved road, you need a 4x4 to get to it). I have all sorts
of issues with DNS resolution, inability to make INBOUND connects to
the site (To remote administer the router and PC there) and other things
..And working with their tech support is impossible...

	I've purchased a Soekris box and have it there for testing.
To be able to contact it, I had to openvpn it back to a server in
my datacenter (I own a small managed server hosting/colo company).

	What I'd like to do is have the Soekris be my "router" there
(I have plenty of interfaces on it). The first thing I see as a problem
is that I'd need to openvpn it back to the datacenter. I can route
public IPs over the tunnel and would want the m0n0wall to use them.

	I was wondering if I did this what would be involved with
m0n0wall? I'm not sure what else I might need to do.

		Thanks, Tuc