[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Hank Wright" <hank at nworks dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  VMware m0n0wall Image
 Date:  Mon, 26 Dec 2005 14:58:29 -0800
Hello,

I would like to use the m0n0wall in our test environment to act as a firewall between a set of test
VMs running on a private network
and our corporate network.

We are using ESX 2.5. I downloaded the m0n0wall 1.2 HD version of the legacy image. When I loaded it
on my ESX Server it would not
'see' the vmdk file so I guessed that it was a workstation vmdk file. I then tried to use vmkfstools
on it and the utility failed
with: "source disk type must be scsi. 'FreeBSD.vmdk' is an ide disk".

I don't have access to P2V so is there any other way to convert the file image from IDE to SCSI so I
can get this image to run on
ESX 2.5?

Hank