[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  German dot Martin at RSES dot rohde dash schwarz dot com
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch, cbuechler at gmail dot com
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] VMware m0n0wall Image
 Date:  Wed, 28 Dec 2005 08:03:00 +0100
Hello,

I'm currently running m0n0wall 1.2 generic PC in a ESX server with 3
network interfaces (LAN, WAN and OPT1) plus the management network
interface, and I've also successfuly tested CD version without any HD
configured. Only FreeBSD4 is supported under ESX, m0n0wall beta versions
with FreeBSD 5 don't work, they give a kernel panic error.

Regards,

             Chris Buechler
             <cbuechler@gmail.

             28/12/2005 04:03                                           cc
                                       m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [m0n0wall] VMware m0n0wall
                                       Image

On 12/26/05, Ryan <dreadlocks at gmail dot com> wrote:
> Chris has some premade vmware images on his site,
> http://chrisbuechler.com/m0n0wall/vmware/

they don't work in ESX though.  I've had several reports of that,
since they went up on vmware.com.  I only have Workstation and GSX
servers, so I haven't been able to test on ESX.

Can anyone confirm or deny that the CD version works on ESX?  Or does
it require SCSI CD too?  If it'll work with SCSI disks, I'll make a
SCSI image.

-Chris