[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Forest Bond <forest dot bond at logicsupply dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Version 1.2 passive FTP NAT
 Date:  Wed, 28 Dec 2005 16:16:57 -0500
> sorry for replying directly to you, they dont have their mailer setup
> to "reply to list"

That may be my fault... I have mutt setup to explicitly set the Reply-To
field.  I would think the mailing list software would overwrite it,
though.  (That said, your email client may not handle the Reply-To field
properly?)

> > have you tried different ftp clients? i had varied success when i try
> > a couple different clients. smartftp seems to work.

I've tried a few.  I prefer to use ncftp.  The strange thing is that,
immediately after downgrading my m0n0wall image, it works fine.  A
windows client (not sure which one) that one of my co-workers uses
encountered the same difficulty, although he was able to upload using
active FTP, and, for some reason, ncftp did not want to be forced into
active mode.  ncftp always tries passive mode first; the transfer looks
like it's succeeding, but it never successfully terminates.  Presumably,
the partially-working transfer gives ncftp false confidence that passive
mode is adequate.

-Forest
--
Forest Bond