 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Internal routing protols
 Date:  Wed, 28 Dec 2005 23:40:50 +0100
On Wed, 2005-12-28 at 14:08, Jonathan De Graeve wrote:
> >Now the questions:
> >
> >Has anybody done such a thing?
> Yes, but not with m0n0wall as internal router

What did you use? "Ordenary" routers or *nix-boxes?

> I have an image with routing protocols but that image was only to see if
> I could get it on m0n0wall and isn't suitable for production use (yet)

Sounds interesting. Willing to share?

> >Would a solution be to create a wireless mesh on the inside, and
> letting
> >a monowall only handle external trafic?
>
> Unless you get m0n0wall with dynamic routing there isn't much another
> option

My idea on a mesh-network, was to create create a network based on
mesh-cubes or equal, and let the monowall act as border-router to the
outside world, so to monowall just routed from the mesh-cloud to/from
the internet-cloud.

But ofcourse it would be nice to have dynamic routing implemented in
monowall.

Anopther solution would be to bulid a normal tree-structure first, and
the gradualy expand to a mesh structure as the setup becomes more
complex.

In some parts of the area a mesh would be idea, but in others the
locations is wide-spread, so the rely on links anyhow, but setting up
ring-connections would be a great solution in improve uptime and perhaps
also throughput-