[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Amaury Amblard-Ladurantie <darcache at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  2 questions: 1/ m0n0wall dual boot? 2/ use m0n0's captive portal on Linux?
 Date:  Thu, 29 Dec 2005 00:42:19 +0100
Hello,

I have 2 m0n0wall related questions:

Does anyone know how to install m0n0wall (for standard PC) on a hard
drive hosting other Operating Systems? I would like to have a dual
boot with Linux and m0n0wall, among other OSes. However, the m0n0
handbook only deals with installing m0n0wall on a dedicated computer.
Is there a simple way of installing m0n0 on a dedicated partition?

I think m0n0wall's captive portal is powerful and very easy to use,
unlike many other free CP. Is there a way to "extract" the captive
portal from m0n0wall and use it with another Operating System (namely,
Linux)? I am required to use Linux for a specific project, but I would
like to stock with m0n0's excellent captive portal.

Thank you for your help, and happy new year.
Amaury