 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Internal routing protocols
 Date:  Thu, 29 Dec 2005 13:32:42 +0100
On Thu, 2005-12-29 at 11:03, Jonathan De Graeve wrote:
> >Sounds interesting. Willing to share?
>
> http://inf.imelda.be/downloads/m0n0wall/m0n0router/
>
> Read the changelog for information...
>
> I'm willing to spent time to integrate dynamic routing based on the
> upcoming 1.21 image if you want to pay for it...

This is partly a community project, so .... ;-)

> You could use WISP-Dist, its a linux distro ment for this use that also
> runs on soekris devices and supports wifi cards...

Oh I love open-source Buy som e hardware, and put on the software that
suits you. GREAT

> >Anopther solution would be to bulid a normal tree-structure first, and
> >the gradualy expand to a mesh structure as the setup becomes more
> >complex.
> Try a ring-structure combined with a star (it depends on the physical
> location of the boxes)

Can partly be done,

To conenct the first 8 locations in a start we need at least 11
antennes.
To have the 4 major sites connect to mulitiple sites to enable some
rings we need only 4 more antennas.
To have more rings/bette mesh we can make 4 more links by just using 4
more antennas again.

All the above i based on directional antennes, but som links may be
possible using omni-dir antennas, witch would improve the mesh very
mush.