[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Allgeyer <allgeyer at web dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: Static DHCP leases and the DNS server
 Date:  Thu, 29 Dec 2005 15:50:59 +0000 (UTC)
Peter Allgeyer <allgeyer <at> web.de> writes:

> Am Sonntag, den 11.09.2005, 13:59 +0100 schrieb Jonathan Marriott:
> > If I define a static DHCP leases on the "DHCP server" page, when the
> > client machine defined takes the DHCP lease it does not get an entry in
> > the DNS servers list as a non-static lease would get when the "Register
> > DHCP leases in DNS forwarder" option is ticked. I have to define a
> > static DNS mapping too.
> It's because no entry for static leases is made in the dhcp-lease file.
> Don't know, if this can be changed.

Found a solution to it. You have to patch the isc-dhcp server for that.
The patch can be found at [1].

Ciao ...

[1] http://losdos.dyndns.org:8080/public/linux/dhcp-static-patch/

 copyleft(c) by |           Linux poses a real challenge for those
 Peter Allgeyer |   _-_     with a taste for late-night hacking (and/or