[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] changing LAN subnet
 Date:  Wed, 28 Dec 2005 19:45:57 -0600
From: "Nick Smith" <nick dot smith79 at gmail dot com>

> would i have to manually edit every rule and every static ip address
> to the new .2.1 scema? or would m0n0wall pick up on the fact that i
> have changed it and automaticly do it for me since the addresses would
> no longer be valid?

There is a much simpler method.  Back up your config.  Open with wordpad.
Do a find/replace for 192.168.1. -> 192.168.9. and all will be done.  You
will have to change the static IP address of any servers, but not any static
DHCP assignments, as the will be changed.  The only thing is make sure you
use wordpad, not notepad, as notepad does not do Unix cr/lf correctly.

                        Lee