[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] last call - WRT54G and captive portal reported issues
 Date:  Thu, 29 Dec 2005 17:22:57 -0500
On 12/29/05, Jimmy Bones (Mhottie) <mhottie at gmail dot com> wrote:
> I'd be happy to test with my several WRTG54's if needed... they are all
> running HyperWRT 2.1 b1 + tofu 11 also, but several different HW versions.
> Just point me to where the bug is.

supposedly it authenticates the MAC address of the AP and not of the
wireless clients, so if one wireless client successfully
authenticates, any wireless client can get through.  you need two
wireless machiens to test, authenticate on the first, and then see if
you can get through on the second without authenticating.

> I am having other issues with captive portal though, I don't think it's
> related to this. It seems when captive portal is on it only uses/allows to
> be used the 1st DNS server in the list no matter how many others you add...
> so if our internal DNS is down (1st in the list) all clients time-out and
> cannot use 2nd/3rd, etc. DNS servers. I haven't posted yet because (as you
> can see) I haven't had time to further investigate the issue yet. But as
> soon as Cap Portal was turned off, all clients could get to 2nd/3rd DNS
> server w/o problem.

sounds like how it's supposed to work, assuming the first server is
m0n0wall itself.  if there are other servers you want people to
access, you'll have to exempt them.

-Chris