[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  w dot plein at gmail dot com
 To:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] last call - WRT54G and captive portal reported issues
 Date:  Thu, 29 Dec 2005 15:22:11 -0800
At 02:22 PM 12/29/2005, Chris Buechler wrote:
>supposedly it authenticates the MAC address of the AP and not of the
>wireless clients, so if one wireless client successfully
>authenticates, any wireless client can get through.

That would make sense if the WRT54G were set up as a router, i.e. the WAN
port is facing the m0nowall. In order to use my Linksys as an AP, I simply
plugged the switch side of the router (LAN side) into the LAN side of my
m0nowall infrastructure, leaving the WAN side of the Linksys disconnected.
Then there is no way the router can be substituting its MAC.

Just a thought, maybe this is the source of issues for people.

--
w dot plein at gmail dot com