[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Kenman Wong <kenman dot wong at iaspec dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Captive Portal using RADIUS authentication timeout question
 Date:  Fri, 30 Dec 2005 10:06:54 +0800
Hi,

I just started with m0n0wall 1.2 on an old Celeron box. The purpose was
to make a cheap wireless router with some spare parts I have accumulated
over time. The box runs with:

Abit VA-6 Motherboard
Celeron 400
64 MB SDRAM
2 x Realtek 8139 10/100 Mbps NIC's (LAN and WAN)
1 Buffalo WLI-PCM-11 Wireless card (11 Mbps, 64 bit WEP encrypt)

I set captive portal on the Wireless interface with RADIUS
authentication. My RADIUS box is sitting LAN side and runs FC4 and GNU
RADIUS. Now the problem I have is every so often the authentication
process takes a little longer to complete and the m0n0wall drops me into
the invalid authentication page. Is there a way to make this timeout
longer than say 3 or 4 seconds?

--
Kenman Wong