[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Hank Wright" <hank at nworks dot com>
 To:  <German dot Martin at RSES dot rohde dash schwarz dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] VMware m0n0wall Image
 Date:  Thu, 29 Dec 2005 19:40:02 -0800
German,

Could you post the vmx file?

I got it to boot under ESX Server and display the main menu (yeah).

Now, I am trying verify that the network cards are working correctly, but I'm not having any luck.
Using the menu, I reset the IP
address to 15.168.4.2, brought up a windows VM on the same LAN (m0n0WallNat01) with an address of
15.168.4.113, and pointed the
windows IE browser at 15.168.4.2. It does not connect. I tried pinging 15.168.4.2, but no response.

Here is what I have in the vmx file for the three NIC cards:

ethernet0.present = "true"
ethernet0.connectionType = "monitor_dev"
ethernet0.devName = "vmnet_0"
etnernet0.networkName = "192.168.4.0"
ethernet0.generatedAddress = "00:0c:29:b5:53:e2"
ethernet0.generatedAddressOffset = "0"

ethernet1.present = "true"
ethernet1.connectionType = "monitor_dev"
ethernet1.devName = "vmnet_2"
ethernet1.networkName = "m0n0WallNat01"
ethernet1.generatedAddress = "00:0c:29:b5:53:ec"
ethernet1.generatedAddressOffset = "10"

ethernet2.present = "true"
ethernet2.connectionType = "monitor_dev"
ethernet2.devName = "vmnet_3"
ethernet2.vnet = "vmnet_0"
ethernet2.networkName = "m0n0WallNat02"
ethernet2.generatedAddress = "00:0c:29:b5:53:f6"
ethernet2.generatedAddressOffset = "20"

Thanks,

Hank