[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  A dot L dot M dot Buxey at lboro dot ac dot uk
 To:  Josh Hyles <josh dot maillists at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] last call - WRT54G and captive portal reported issues
 Date:  Fri, 30 Dec 2005 12:17:00 +0000
Hi,

> I was having this problem and also posted about it on here. My problem
> was related to sveasoft and when I ditched it, I had and continue to
> have no problems. I'm running on the original firmware. If I can be of
> any help, please let me know.

on my v4 WRT54GS I am currently still using the original linksys/cisco firmware
(latest version, seems to not be available from their site as a download). I have
not yet got around to playing with this one....but I am using one of the LAN
ports on the linksys to connect to the m0n0 network so am totally bypassing
any possible routing function of the WRT54GS - I dont want it to do anything.
on the negative side, I am using WPA and will have to degrade to WEP with a
MAC bypass if I want to use this access point with my nintendo DS - as the
DS will only do WEP and doesnt have any form of 'input username' browsing :-(

alan