[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  "monowall" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Robust enough for heavy duty?
 Date:  Fri, 30 Dec 2005 08:57:49 -0600
tech at adaptive dot net wrote:
> What defines the use of these states?  Say you have a request for a
> web page with some 20 images on it.  The server is serving these out
> as individual files or 'hits'.  Do each of these 20 images count as a
> single 'state' or is the web page request as a whole considered one
> 'state'?

Take a look at the state table in the Diagnostics. You should see that a
state is a session between computers (by IP address and port - assuming
1.2). So, unless your web browser opens a separate session for each
image, you should only have one session for the web page request.

As always, some correct me if I am wrong...

James W. McKeand