[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dave McCammon <davemac11 at yahoo dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  disable mac filtering and radius
 Date:  Fri, 30 Dec 2005 09:58:46 -0800 (PST)
I have a couple of questions.

Is the MAC filtering supposed to work if one is using
a RADIUS server?

To make sure I'm reading it correctly, if the check
box isn't checked(on captive portal page) then
m0n0wall will be attempting to make sure that a logged
in user's mac address doesn't change while they are
logged in. Does this work,relationship-wise, mac
address to username or mac address to ip address?

Basically, I have a setup with a RADIUS server and I
have given out a userid/password pair for a company to
use for two days only. I still want to use the RADIUS
MAC authentication stuff for our other "registered"
users.

I was able to login ok using two different pc's with
the same userid/password pair. It works the way I want
it but I made the image for a WRAP device
myself(needed the RADIUS MAC authentication stuff) and
I want to make sure that I haven't screwed something
up and will lose the functionality with future
upgrades.

thanks,
dave