[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Alan" <alanp at qwest dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  adding an access point to dmz
 Date:  Fri, 30 Dec 2005 11:22:43 -0800
1st, thanks for a great product, I've been using m0n0 for 3 years now, what
a nice progression.  Now's here's my problem, I'm try to add a separate
network to my internet connection, I have an office next door with whom Id
would like to share my bandwidth.

My topology is:

Internet - cisco 678 router w/ public address 67.xx.xx.x1 on a .248 subnet -
ie 5 usable addresses,
to m0n0wall w/ 67.xx.xx.x2 on wan, a 10.0.0.1 on LAN,

I would like to add an netgear access point to the network so my neighbor
can access the internet however keep them away from my network. I've tried
to setup the m0n0wall w/ the config described in the dmz section of the
handbook w/ no luck. Does using the DMZ/ OPT1 interface make the most sense,
or is their a better way? Any help is appreciate oh and happy new year.

ap