[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] adding an access point to dmz
 Date:  Fri, 30 Dec 2005 15:30:27 -0500
On 12/30/05, Alan <alanp at qwest dot net> wrote:

> I would like to add an netgear access point to the network so my neighbor
> can access the internet however keep them away from my network. I've tried
> to setup the m0n0wall w/ the config described in the dmz section of the
> handbook w/ no luck. Does using the DMZ/ OPT1 interface make the most sense,
> or is their a better way?

that definitely makes the most sense.  Make sure the AP is set to
bridge over to the OPT interface on m0n0wall, not route or NAT some
other subnet.  Not sure how to do that on a Netgear AP, refer to the
manual.

If you can be more specific about what problems you're having, maybe
we can provide more assistance.

-Chris