[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] last call - WRT54G and captive portal reported issues
 Date:  Fri, 30 Dec 2005 16:01:59 -0500
On 12/29/05, w dot plein at gmail dot com <w dot plein at gmail dot com> wrote:

> That would make sense if the WRT54G were set up as a router, i.e. the WAN
> port is facing the m0nowall. In order to use my Linksys as an AP, I simply
> plugged the switch side of the router (LAN side) into the LAN side of my
> m0nowall infrastructure, leaving the WAN side of the Linksys disconnected.
> Then there is no way the router can be substituting its MAC.

right, that's exactly what I first thought too, but several people
swore up and down that they had everything plugged in properly and it
was still happening.

Sounds like the several people who reported back in this thread were
all using custom firmware, and the issues were all caused by problems
with the custom firmware.

Thanks for all the responses!  If anyone is still having this problem,
let us know.  At this point, I think it's safe to assume it was never
a m0n0wall issue, and we can mark it as resolved.

-Chris