[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Kristian Shaw" <monowall at wealdclose dot co dot uk>
 To:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PPTP VPN and internet
 Date:  Fri, 30 Dec 2005 21:55:23 -0000
Hello,

You can work around this issue in one of two ways:

1) You should find a checkbox in the properties for the PPTP DUN connection
on the client for 'Use default gateway on remote network' (or something
similar). If you untick this, only traffic destined for the remote VPN
subnet will go over the PPTP VPN. If there are additional subnets behind the
VPN you may have problems accessing those unless you add some static routes
on the clients.

2) Create NAT and firewall rules that allow the PPTP clients access to the
Internet on the PPTP server. You may need to switch to manual NAT rules to
do this. I have tested this myself and it does work.

Regards,

Kris.