[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Gokalp Cakici <gokalp dot cakici at pusula dot net dot tr>
 To:  tech at adaptive dot net
 Cc:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>, monowall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Robust enough for heavy duty?
 Date:  Sat, 31 Dec 2005 12:21:24 +0200
We have a very similar situation and planning to replace our current
firewall with m0n0. With a 10 - 13 mbps of data and 13,000+ email users
we have maximum of 6500 sessions (states) with a cpu utilization of %20
in our current firewall (Fortigate 200). It only goes over that value if
there's an attack or a similar problem like 30,000 to 35,000 sessions.

Reason for the replacement is our firewall can't do bridging and nat at
the same time while m0n0 does. Also ours can't do more than one bridging
even there are enough interfaces while i succesfully did it with m0n0.

Gokalp Cakici