[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jason Kirk" <jason at kireno dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Captive Portal / VLAN / LAN / PPTP
 Date:  Sat, 31 Dec 2005 11:54:14 -0700
I apologize if this topic has already been covered, but I could not find
anything currently with this unique problem.

I have setup my m0n0wall to have three ports - the WAN port, LAN port, and a
VLAN port.

My WAN port is connected to my cable modem (of course)

My LAN port is connected to my hardwired network that runs throughout my
house - to provide maximum security.

My VLAN port is connected to an access point.

The VLAN has Captive Portal enabled. My point is to allow anyone with a
username/password to use the wireless network, but only allow them to have
access the internet - nothing internal. I have setup some firewall rules
that restrict access and everything works great.

My problem - I want to be able to use the wireless network with my laptop
and PPTP into my wired network to access file shares, printers, RDP, etc. I
can currently PPTP without an issue; however, whenever I try to access
anything on the wired network the GRE packets get denied because of firewall
rules. So far, I have not been able to find a way around this.

If anyone has any solutions, I would love some help. If anyone would like to
see my relevant configs, please let me know.

Thanks for your help - m0n0wall is awesome!