[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Sven Brill <madde at gmx dot net>
 To:  Pablo Alonso <m0n0mza at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] how share a internet connection between interfaces like forward in iptables ?
 Date:  Sat, 31 Dec 2005 16:32:26 -0500
Pablo Alonso wrote:

>if I want forward, from my pppoe connection to an specific ip in other
>interface, like forward in iptables, how i do ?
>sample: iptables -A FORWARD xxxx
>i have defined my interfaces, but i don't know how establish the rules ?.
>some howto ?

You need to be a little more specific. "FORWARD" in your example is a
chain in the filter table, and generally used in either outbound or
inbound NAT. if I understand you right, you want inbound NAT, meaning
someone hitting your external IP on port 80/tcp, and the connection is
forwarded to a web server on your LAN or DMZ.  If that is the case,
click on NAT in the GUI (under Firewall), and define your inbound NAT
rule (and check "Auto-add a firewall rule to permit traffic through this
NAT rule" to let the traffic pass). Outbound NAT  should already be
active on the LAN interface out of the box.

If this is not what you want, be a little more specific and give a full
iptables example and a description of what you are trying to accomplish.

Happy new year

Sven