[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Teunissen <lists at onemanifest dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  strange firewall log entry
 Date:  Sun, 1 Jan 2006 17:58:07 +0100
Hi,

First of all, happy new year to all!

I did my first m0n0wall install two days ago, and after scrutinizing
the firewall log today I found something I cannot understand. I hope
my question isn't to newbyish.

I've allowed, for now, all traffic on the LAN interface:
- I can reach my IMAP server on the DMZ just fine throught port 143.
But in the log I find entries stating that traffic from my laptop to
the DMZ IMAP server has been blocked. It only seems to happen when
using Apple's Mail.app, wich is rather slow at opening IMAP mailboxes
for some reason. Thunderbird has no delay and doesn't cause these log
entries.
- I can reach the internet but still I find an entry that access to
port 80 has been blocked to a RSS feed.

Where could these entries come from? I looks like something is timing
out.

Groet,

Peter Teunissen

-- Never argue with idiots; they'll drag you down to their own level
and beat you on experience.