[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jeff Buehler <jeff at buehlertech dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  scripting M0n0wall
 Date:  Sun, 01 Jan 2006 21:55:49 -0800
Hi all -

Apologies if this has been addressed - I was unable to find any
references to it.

I would like to reconfigure rules via a script, specifically NAT
forwarded ports to a different machine on a LAN, and do so from another
Freebsd (or Linux platform).  Are there any suggested solutions to this
for M0n0wall?  Is anyone using CURL to simulate an HTTPS/HTTP session?
Using FreeBSD alone it would be reasonably simple to stop IPFilter,
modify the rules, then start it up again, but I would need a network
session to the FreeBSD machine of some sort to do this from another
platform, which I don't believe M0n0wall supports (maybe SMNP? - I am
unfamiliar with that protocol).

Thanks in advance for any ideas/thoughts!

Jeff

Jeff Buehler
Buehler Technologies