[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jens Jensen <jens at valenceartist dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  selling monowall cds on ebay
 Date:  Mon, 02 Jan 2006 18:57:51 -0600
I know that it's not illegal or unscrupulous to download a GPL iso, burn
it to cd/dvd, while only selling the media, burning service and charging
a reasonable amount. I do, however, question somebody who sells some
GPL(or similar FOSS) software on ebay who does not openly state that: 1.
this software is not his own product - he is just selling a cd/dvd
burning service, etc, and 2. this software is freely available by
internet download (and be nice enough to mention where)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7190686063&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:US:1

What are others thoughts on this?