[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Sean Waite" <swaite at sbn dash services dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Fwd: [m0n0wall] selling monowall cds on ebay
 Date:  Mon, 02 Jan 2006 21:06:09 -0600
Sad to say, but this sums up Ebay...scam marketplace full of nuts and greed. It would be one thing
if he was selling professionally
mastered CDs, but taking GPL software and putting it on a CDR, at least to me is not an ethical or
proper way to do business. For
certain applications I could see the need for buying a professionally mastered CD/DVD as opposed to
using a CDR. I have found that some
of my older CD drives at work have problems reading CDR disc, especially ones written at higher
speeds.

Basically this guy is just leeching off of others work to make money. If you look around you will
see people doing the same thing with
Asterisk now, something that can be easily downloaded for free off of sourceforge.net. It would be
at least a little respectful if he
at least linked to the m0n0wall homepage to increase awareness of the project (But of course then
people would see what an idiot he is :).

I wonder if this seller could get reported for what he is doing as Ebay does have strict guidelines
for what you can and cannot sell,
as well as how you sell the items. At the very least he is hiding important facts.