[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 4 port nics work with m0n0wall?
 Date:  Mon, 2 Jan 2006 21:19:03 -0600
From: "PlanAlpha" <plan dot alpha at gmail dot com>

> I've been looking for a cheap 4 port nic that works natively with
> m0n0wall. I've found these:
> http://www.logicsupply.com/product_info.php/cPath/54/products_id/425

> http://routerboard.com/rb44.html

> Has anyone used either of these and what driver did it use? Also, any
> other suggestions for a 4 port nic that is about $100usd?

To add in my 2 cents...  I like the Via chipset.  I have had very good
performance out if it.  Not to the level of the Inter Pro cards, but very
good.  And the RB44 is auto sensing ich is real nice!  That said, I have not
used it personally.  I have used
http://www.cmishop.com/store/ShowDetails.asp?txtProductName=nic/pila8472-bk&txtMfgPartNo=&nCategorySubID=125&txtSiteTrack=pw

                        Lee