[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Sven Brill <madde at gmx dot net>
 To:  Pablo Alonso <m0n0mza at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: how share a internet connection between interfaces like forward in iptables ?
 Date:  Mon, 02 Jan 2006 09:55:05 -0500
Pablo Alonso wrote:

>iptables -A FORWARD -i eth0 -o eth1 -d 192.1.1.0/24 -j ACCEPT
>
>other example ..but changing the interfaces ...
>
>iptables -A FORWARD -i eth1 -o eth0 -s 192.1.1.0/24 -j ACCEPT
>
> where
>#eth1 interface local
>#eth0 interface external

are there any corresponding PREROUTE, POSTROUTE and DNAT commands?

>the idea es retrasmit packets between 2 or more networks interfaces,,
>... given internet access to the people what i want .
>
>BUt NOT NAT !.,

so, in your example you are using routable addresses on both interfaces?
then I was indeed wrong with NAT. I still don't fully understand where
you are going with this. Can you post your configuration for your WAN
and LAN interface in m0n0wall, as well as the relevant parts of ifconfig
under Linux? do you have any other interfaces (OPTn)?  What you might be
doing there (just a wild guess) is allowing traffic through a static
route - in which case the routing table would also help. Obfuscate a
little for privacy, of course.

Sven