[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chuck Mariotti" <cmariotti at xunity dot com>
 To:  "Chuck Mariotti" <cmariotti at xunity dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Another quick question... What is the difference... ?
 Date:  Tue, 3 Jan 2006 15:07:26 -0500
I am trying to get my head around this...

What is the difference between making entries on the NAT Inbound page
and the Firewall Rules Page?

I just tried to open port 80, but it didn't work. Then I realized, I
opened it using the Firewall Rules Page... So I went to the NAT page,
made the "same" (in my mind at least) entry and it started working...
Deleted the port on the Rules page and it is still working... I'm
confused.

Can someone clarify the differences?

Regards,

Chuck