[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Ervin Malicdem <schadow1 at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Accessing a PC on LAN from a PDA on Portal
 Date:  Wed, 4 Jan 2006 09:34:35 +0800
I wanted to access files in my PC on a LAN interface using my Pocket PC on
the Portal Interface. PC and PocketPC has been manually assigned with a
static IP through m0n0wall.

*DHCP override*
PC - 192.168.100.6
Pocket PC - 192.168.101.5

*Rules were applied:*
PORTAL Rule
Source 192.168.101.5 Port Any
Destination 192.168.100.6 Port Any
(Note that this is a priority rule and is being placed atop other rules)

*LAN Rule*
Source 192.168.100.6 Port Any
Destination 192.168.101.5 Port Any
(Note that this is a priority rule and is being placed atop other rules)

I still cannot access the files in my PC through my Pocket PC. Please let me
know what i've done wrong.

Objective is to be able to have an exclusive access on this sole Pocket PC
to my personal Workstation. Other Captive Portal clients must not be able to
communicate with the LAN interface.

Thanks in advance.