[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Kevin Bowling <kevin dot bowling at wans dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 4 port nics work with m0n0wall?
 Date:  Tue, 03 Jan 2006 22:16:17 -0700
Are there any know dual/quad port cards that do work well with riser cards?  My IBM Network Station
fails to boot any time I put a dual port card into it (Intel, Adaptec).

> > I've been looking for a cheap 4 port nic that works natively with
> > m0n0wall. I've found these:
> > http://www.logicsupply.com/product_info.php/cPath/54/products_id/425

I work for Logic Supply.  These boards are made by Soekris, and use a
Texas Instruments chipset.  The driver is 'sis'.  The boards do not play
well with dual riser cards that have bus mastering hardware (like those
sometimes used in mini-ITX systems), but, in general, are
cost-effective, and seem to do the trick.  I don't have any performance
numbers at the moment; my guess is that it is adequate, and those Intel
cards are dang expensive!

--
Forest Bond
Logic Supply, Inc.